HASAP is excited to offer a fun, well-rounded, and enriching program with specific emphasis on technology, maths & sciences, the arts, physical movement, and other activities. We hope Heath School students enjoy these class offerings.
Please email the HASAP Team with any questions at: email@example.com
Winter 2024 has begun!
Tuesday: Creative Crafts did not meet on February 13 (Snow Day) and will meet on 4/9.
Tuesday: Knitting Club did not meet on February 13 (Snow Day) and will meet on 4/9.
Wednesday: Hands on Electronics will not meet on 3/6 and will meet on 4/10
Program Policies and Information
On the Registration page, you can find a catalog of the available classes, filter the classes by day & grade, and then register for the classes you select.
- Classes are filled on a “first come, first served” basis. If a class is full, you may sign up for the wait list and will be contacted if space becomes available.
- Only credit card payments will be accepted.
- Our system only allows for registering one child at a time.
- You can register for multiple classes at a time, but only one child at a time. Start the registration process over for each additional student.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have registered.
- If you have any questions, issues, or need additional help, please email the HASAP Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrollment & Class Info
- Refunds and Changes – Please choose classes carefully with your child. After the first week of programming, HASAP is unable to provide refunds and cannot accommodate requests for class changes.
- Underenrollment – Classes must meet enrollment minimums. Under-enrolled classes will not run.
- Number of Sessions – Classes will run for 10 sessions each. Unless noted otherwise, we plan for one make-up class for weather or instructor illness etc.
- Class Start Time – Classes will start at 2:35 pm and end at the time specified for the particular class.
- Early Release Days – HASAP will not operate on district early release days. See the Public Schools of Brookline calendar for the latest information.
- School Closed – HASAP will not operate on days that Heath School is closed for students, including holidays and professional development days. See the Public Schools of Brookline calendar for the latest information. Please look carefully at the schedule of days for each course.
- Snow Days – HASAP will not operate on snow days that result in a pivot to remote instruction or “traditional” snow days that result in the closing of PSB schools.
- Sharing Information – By enrolling in HASAP’s class offerings, you are authorizing HASAP to provide your child’s full name, grade, parent full name, telephone, and email to the vendor.
- HASAP offers after-school enrichment classes for Heath School students in grades K-8.
- HASAP is independently run by volunteer Heath School parents and is not licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care of Massachusetts.
- HASAP operates with cooperation from the Heath School, and in the Heath School building, but it is a separately run organization.
- HASAP is not a childcare program. Those seeking after school care should contact the Heath Extended Day program (https://www.heathextendedday.org).
Transitions To & From HASAP Classes
- HASAP coordinators, homeroom teachers, and school paraprofessionals, all work in cooperation to help students transition from their school classroom at 2:30 pm to the their HASAP classroom at 2:35 pm.
- Homeroom teachers are provided a list of enrolled students in each HASAP class so students can check what days they are signed up for a HASAP class and where their HASAP class is located.
- Students who are unsure where to go are encouraged to stop by the main office for additional support as needed.
- For the youngest students, the homeroom paraprofessional will escort them directly to their designated HASAP class location by 2:35 pm.
- HASAP and The Heath School are not liable for children who forget about their HASAP classes or otherwise do not arrive to, or attend, their HASAP classes.
- HASAP participants must be picked up promptly once classes have concluded, or be given permission to be released independently or to Heath Extended Day. HASAP students being picked up by an adult are escorted to the main Heath door at dismissal time. For the youngest HASAP students going to Extended Day, they are escorted to their Extended Day location.
- HASAP participants are expected to conduct themselves with appropriate classroom behavior. We do not condone inappropriate or harmful behavior (physical or verbal) of our participants. In accordance with this behavior policy, we will notify parents of infractions as soon as we learn about them.
- HASAP Directors exercise discretion in imposing consequences for student misbehavior. When necessary, we will implement disciplinary measures as deemed appropriate.
- HASAP reserves the right to withdraw a student from programming for repetitive incidences of disruptive or harmful behavior, for repeated violations of classroom rules, or for any instance of egregious conduct/behavior.
- For ongoing problematic conduct with any HASAP participants, we may elect to withdraw that student from a specific class, or all classes, for which they are currently enrolled. HASAP also reserves the right to remove a student from program participation for an extended timeframe if his/her conduct is egregious. Tuition is not refundable.
- HASAP also reserves the right to withdraw a student from programming if parents and/or caregivers do not adhere to what we deem to be appropriate and civil behavior with HASAP Instructors, student participants, the HASAP Coordinator, and/or HASAP Directors. Tuition is not refundable.
Our instructors take attendance — for their own records only. Your child is responsible for arriving at class, either independently or with a parent/guardian.
Heath After School Activities Program (HASAP) operates on afternoons when school is in session for a full day. HASAP will not run under these circumstances:
- If Heath School is closed for students.
- If Heath School has an early dismissal for students.
- Instructor Absence: In the event of instructor absence, we will attempt to find a substitute teacher to fill in for the class, or the instructor may opt to schedule a make-up class at the end of the session. You will be notified via email in the event of cancellations.
- Inclement Weather: When school is canceled due to inclement weather, there is no HASAP after-school programming. Make-up classes are not guaranteed.
HASAP strives to make its programming available to all families. How financial aid works:
- To apply for tuition assistance, you must submit an email to the HASAP Team at: email@example.com
- Financial aid requests MUST be submitted to HASAP via email to be eligible for consideration.
- Aid requests will be reviewed and determined based upon financial need by the Heath School Principal.
- Once registration opens, classes will fill on a “First Come, First Served”
- Thus, it would be best if we can determine your eligibility during Sneak Peek or early on in the registration process.
- If deemed eligible for aid, HASAP will provide financial assistance to help offset the cost of 1 class only per child.
- You can ensure a place in the class by proactively paying for that class, knowing that if you receive financial aid, then that portion of your payment will automatically be refunded. If you do not receive financial aid, but you have not paid for that class, then your registration for the class will automatically be cancelled unless you elect to pay for it.
- Whether you pay, or not, your payment status will not be part of the financial aid decision-making process.
- Financial Aid pricing is only automatically applied to classes that do not have a Wait List.
HASAP is coordinated by a group of parent volunteers. Please email the HASAP Team with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Vendors / Instructors
Eager for more activities? Please support our vendors and instructors by signing up for additional classes directly with them.
- Chess Wizards (https://chesswizards.jumbula.com/)
- CinemaKidz (https://cinemakidz.com/)
- Circuit Lab (https://circuit-lab.com/)
- Coolidge Yoga (https://coolidgeyoga.com/)
- Empow Studios (https://empow.me/)
- F.A.S.T. Athletics (https://fastathletics.com/)
- HipStitch (https://hipstitchers.com/)
- Kids’ Test Kitchen (https://kidstestkitchen.com/)
- Knucklebones (https://www.knucklebones.us/)
- The Inventor Mentor (https://inventormentor.org/)
- Manhattan Mandarin (https://manhattanmandarin.com/)
- Play-Well TEKnologies (https://play-well.org/)
- Pretzel Kids Yoga (http://www.pretzelkids.com/)
- PUDDLESTOMPERS Nature Exploration (https://puddlestompers.com/)
- SGEDU (https://bnsbc.tv/sgedu)
We welcome new class ideas and invite any parent to consider teaching a HASAP class.
The team of parent volunteers who organize HASAP are seeking volunteer parents/caregivers who are available at least one hour a week to help with on-site coordination. While the commitment is a minimum of one hour a week, we welcome anyone with availability over multiple days. If you would like more information please email us and we are happy to talk further.
We are also actively searching for parent volunteers to serve as HASAP co-directors. If you are interested or would like to find out more about the role, please email us at: email@example.com